I’ve put together the first draft of my podcast: an introduction to electronic subscription databases for first-year composition students.
I wrote, read through, and revised the script last night and then recorded it this morning (in the bathroom, as per Brett’s advice–the sound quality’s not too bad, even recording with the in-computer mic). It’s just audio for right now (with some background music tracks from ccMixter); I’d like to do some video to go along with it, but no talking head stuff. We’ll see. I’ve got to find a decent app to convert Windows Movie Maker files to .mp4 format first. I used Audacity for the recording and mixing; I liked it a lot. I also used Switch for some sound file conversion.
You can check out the current version on my TTU Projects page. It’s an mp3, and should open in a new window. I’ve got it edited down to about four minutes thus far (it started at almost five at the first recording, I’m aiming for three if I can), and there are some flubs that I’ll need to come back and cut in, but please let me know what you think. I’ve still got to come back and do a proper intro as well. We shall see how it ends up.
Oh, and I’m pretty sure that I’m talking too fast… ugh.